CIRENCESTER, UK (Friday, 28th October 2011) – Mitsubishi Motors' new model-year Shogun arrives in the UK this week. It is a progressive evolution of Mitsubishi's classic off-roading status symbol that combines authentic four-wheel drive go-anywhere ability with bold, muscular styling. It now comes with a Euro V compliant turbo diesel engine and offers a choice of either three door short-wheel base or five door long-wheel base versions.
Like its predecessor, the Mitsubishi Shogun is immediately distinguished by its redesigned bold front grille – incorporating a short front overhang, upright windscreen, strong high flanks, flared wheel-arches and rear-mounted spare wheel – all key Shogun styling cues that underline its tough, authentic, off-road ability.
As well as the three and five door options, Shogun buyers will have a choice of a four model line-up – the SG2, SG3, SG4 and the familiar Warrior which, in terms of specification will sit above the SG2. As always, the Shogun comes packed with an array of standard safety and luxury equipment. In addition to the re-designed front grille, all variants will benefit from new 18" alloy wheels.
New 12MY Shogun Line-Up
The 12MY marks the arrival of a fresher and sportier look across the Shogun range featuring:
- New chrome grille with slotted bars and thick dividers on either sides
- New colour-keyed front bumper
- Black front skid plate
- New twelve spoke 18" alloy wheels
- Black roof rails
- Euro V compliant engine
The same philosophy prevails inside the car with new items such as:
- New high-quality material for both cloth and leather upholsteries
- New enhanced illumination for instruments
- New brushed silver finish for power window control panels
Furthermore, new features are also introduced, including:
- SG3 and SG4 variants will be equipped with auto lights, auto wipers and privacy glass
- SG4 variants will now include a colour coded spare wheel cover as standard
- Brake override system – in case the driver accidentally hits the brake and accelerator at the same time (the car automatically opts for the safer braking option)
The new 12MY is available in the following colours:
- Diamond Black (Pearlescent)
- Frost White (Solid)
- Graphite Brown (Metallic)
- Orient Red (Metallic)
- Cool Silver (Metallic)
Servicing and Maintenance
The legendary Mitsubishi Shogun has a 3-year / unlimited mileage warranty together with a pan-European roadside assistance package. Service intervals for all 12MY Shogun variants are 9,000 miles/12 months (whichever comes first) and Mitsubishi's extremely competitive service plan (MSP), covering the first three scheduled services can be purchased for just £750.
Prices for the new model year Mitsubishi Shogun range from just £29,499 for the entry level SG2 model and rise to £40,999 for the higher specification SG4 model.
Away from the much commented "Chelsea tractors" luxury soft-roaders, heavy-duty workhorses such as the Shogun have carved out a very unique niche in the market where ability and dependability matter first and foremost.
Since its debut in 1982, Mitsubishi has produced millions of Shoguns, with a whopping 104,328 units sold in the UK alone. The Mitsubishi Shogun is a vehicle that inspires exceptional brand loyalty, with seven in ten customers retaining a Shogun.