Email a Friend
<form onsubmit="$('#email_sendbutton').attr('disabled','disabled');" name="form1_send" method="post" id="emailform">>
<input type="hidden" value="1" id="submitEmailFriend" name="submitEmailFriend">/></input>
|Your Name:||<input type="text" maxlength="42" class="textbox" name="emailfriend_your_name">/></input>|
|Your Email:||<input type="text" maxlength="42" class="textbox" name="emailfriend_your_email">/></input>|
|Email Recipient:||<input type="text" maxlength="42" class="textbox" name="emailfriend_to_email">/></input>|
|Type what you see in the image:|
Incorrect please try again
Enter the words above: Enter the numbers you hear: <input type="text" id="recaptcha_response_field" name="recaptcha_response_field">/></input> Get another CAPTCHA
Get an audio CAPTCHA
Get an image CAPTCHA
<iframe src="http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/noscript?k=6LfgCdISAAAAAL_mqgN9HqBXvemN51OHyCJX6seY" height="300" width="500" frameborder="0">>[embedded content]</iframe>
New Corolla Offers Up To 42 MPG, Starts At $16,800
Philippe Crowe August 28, 2013
- Go Back
- Print this page
Sorry there are no photos!
Toyota is currently launching the new generation of its well-recognized compact and has released its pricing structure.
The 2014 Corolla is available in four distinct grades: L, LE, S, and the new LE Eco grade.
Toyota said the Corolla lineup offers a vehicle for broad range of customers, from the familiar value-minded to shoppers seeking a more premium compact car.
The new Corolla starts with an MSRP of $16,800 for the L trim level with a new 6-speed manual transmission. The Corolla L with 4-speed automatic is priced at $17,400.
As the base model, the Corolla L includes the following as standard features:
- LED lowbeam headlamps with LED daytime running lights,
- Standard Bluetooth connectivity
- Driver and front passenger Whiplash-Injury-Lessening (WIL) seats
- Eight airbags, including a new drivers knee airbag and passenger seat cushion airbag.
Toyota said the one-up model, the Corolla LE, targets the heart of the compact segment with a more upmarket list of features at a value price.
The LE starts at $18,300, which is $120 above last year’s Corolla LE. The LE offers the following standard features, added to what is found on the L model:
- Backup monitor
- Climate control
- Cruise control
- Keyless entry
- Entune Audio (including 6.1” touchscreen)
- Improved fuel economy afforded by the new CVTi-S transmission.
The sporty-themed Corolla S follows at $19,000, which represents a $60 reduction versus the outgoing model. The Corolla S offers a more athletic look and feel and includes:
- An aggressive lower front grille with a piano black finish and chrome surround
- Unique suspension tuning for available 17-inch wheel package
- Available paddle shifters (with CVTi-S) to actuate sequential 7-speeds
- Sport cluster gauge with TFT meter
- Ornate piano black instrument panel
- Supportive sport seats
- Leather steering wheel cover
Finally, the all new Corolla LE Eco trim level offers enhanced fuel economy with the help of a 140-hp Valvematic- equipped engine, improved aerodynamics, and unique CVTi-S tuning. The LE Eco starts at $18,700 and will carry anEPA rating of 42 mpg on the highway.
Toyota adds to the Corolla two new sub-models to the LE, S, and LE Eco trim-levels: Plus and Premium. The Plus group of options adds alloy wheels plus select features as standard equipment. The Premium model adds to the Plus package alloy wheels and Softex seats.
Here is what is included in the Plus and Premium packages for each trim-levels:
- LE Plus: 16” alloy wheels and integrated fog lights
- LE Premium: 16” alloy wheels, integrated fog lights, and Softex seats
- S Plus: 17” alloy wheels and rear disc brakes
- S Premium: 17” alloy wheels, rear disc brakes, and Softex seats
- LE Eco Plus: 16” alloy wheels, integrated fog lights, chrome beltline, Eco driving mode
- LE Eco Premium: 16” alloy wheels, integrated fog lights, chrome beltline, Eco driving mode, and Softex seats
The price structure for all trim levels and packages is as follow:
On top of this, two option packages will be available on Corolla equipped with either the Plus or Premium packages. The $850 Moonroof package offers a power tilt and slide roof opening while the $1,510 Drivers Convenience package includes, amongst others, the Smart Key System, Push Button Start and the Entune Premium Audio system.
Finally Toyota’s Destination, Processing and Handling fee has been increased $15 to $810 for the Corolla.
Posted in Buying Decision, Carmakers, Carmakers, Market & Fleets, Compacts & Sedans, Economics, News, Small Car, Toyota
Tagged as Corolla, eco model, le eco. 2014 corolla, Toyota
Hybrid Car Sales, Led by Prius, Finish Strong in 2010
American consumers bought more hybrid gas-electric cars in December than any other month in 2010. Sales tallied to
Toyota Launches Aqua Hybrid in Japan
Announced yesterday by Toyota Motor Corporation, the home-market version of the Prius C – called the “Aqua” – was
The New Hybrid Math
This week, Toyota will raise the price of a few of its cars, including a $400 hike on the Toyota Prius and a bump